Hormones are important for women’s health, one of them is progesterone. What are signs of hormonal imbalance? How to increase progesterone in women to get effect of treatment as quickly as possible?
Symptoms of failure
Main part of the hormone in women is formed in yellow body of ovaries. Progesterone is responsible for growth of mammary glands and skeletal tissues, regulation of subcutaneous fat, and support of menstrual cycle. Symptoms of progesterone deficiency are as follows:
- Ovulation non-occurrence.
- Reduced yellow body function.
- Chronic inflammation in pelvis.
- Amenorrhea and other disorders of monthly cycle.
- Soreness of mammary glands.
- Acyclic bleedings.
- Unstable mood, tearfulness.
Symptoms are non-specific, they also occur as result of other diseases, therefore, to establish exact amount of hormone, you need to donate blood. Analysis is conducted in morning on 22-26 day of cycle. Before procedure, don`t eat for 9-12 hours.
Table of progesterone levels can be found here:
- Follicular phase – 0.2-1.5 ng / ml.
- Ovulatory – 0.8-3.0 ng / ml.
- Luteal – 1.7-27 ng / ml.
- Postmenopause – 0.1-0.8 ng / ml.
It`s impossible to evaluate results of analyzes on your own, only doctor will take into account all concomitant factors when setting correct diagnosis. For conception, it`s necessary that all sex hormones are normal, without which hormonal sterility is observed.
Symptoms in pregnant women
Hormone is extremely important in early pregnancy. If progesterone deficiency is noted, spontaneous abortion may occur. In late pregnancy, hormone deficiency causes premature labor.
Symptoms of reduced progesterone during pregnancy are as follows:
- Abnormal vaginal discharge.
- Uterus is in good shape.
- Aching pain in abdomen.
- Delay in fetal development.
- Placental abruption.
- Frozen pregnancy.
- Premature birth.
How to increase progesterone levels?
With significant hormonal disorders, doctors treat progesterone deficiency pills. Replacement therapy is effective and reliable, following drugs are usually used:
- Natural progesterone. It`s produced in ampoules, which are slightly heated before use. Introduced medication intramuscularly or subcutaneously. If ovarian dysfunction or amenorrhea is diagnosed, treatment is administered within week. Pregnant women are also prescribed this drug to prevent miscarriage. If woman has miscarriages already, she will have to prick drug until fourth month of pregnancy. In later periods pregnant women can`t use this drug.
- Utrozhestan. Usually this drug is administered once or twice a day in capsules. Oral administration, sometimes gynecologist prescribes intravaginal administration.
- Duphaston. Refers to synthetic drugs. When threatened miscarriage appointed for eight days. Also prescribed for infertility and pregnant until twentieth week of term. In treatment of PMS and amenorrhea can be used for long time (up to six months).
- Crinon. Drug is available in form of gel, is injected vaginally. One admission guarantees intake of hormone in body within one to three days. May be given to pregnant women up to 4 weeks.
- Inzhesta. Used in form of intramuscular injections.
- Endometrine. Used two to three tablets injected into vagina.
Hormonal drugs are sold in pharmacy without prescription, but they can be used only on recommendation of doctor. Unauthorized prescription of drugs leads to undesirable consequences in form of serious diseases.
Progesterone Boosting Products
Flavor additives, added to dishes in form of spices, support hormonal level of women. To increase level of progesterone in natural way will help some products. Food should be balanced, contain required amount of fluid. It`s necessary to give up excess of alcohol and completely from smoking.
Increase progesterone in women can regular use of following products:
- Bean cultures.
- All kinds of nuts.
- Milk products.
- White meat.
- Whole grain cereals.
Progesterone doesn`t contain pure products, but they stimulate body’s hormone production.
To increase progesterone in women, stressful situations should be avoided. Excessive physical exertion and emotional overload also worsen hormonal status. It`s necessary to adhere to all recommendations for healthy lifestyle, to get maximum of positive impressions. With good nutrition, moderate physical activity and psychological calm, normal hormonal balance is achieved naturally.